About this event
This Town Hall is an opportunity to explore the ways in which arts and humanities research and researchers are contributing to local and regional decision making, and discuss future opportunities for the field. AHRC will be outlining our approach to supporting research and knowledge exchange in this area, including two upcoming funding opportunities. Participants will also have the chance to meet and network with arts and humanities researchers, local and regional government workers, third sector workers, community group leaders, and others involved in local and regional decision making.
The Town Hall will include the following:
- Presentations, with questions and answers, from AHRC on its broader plans for supporting place-based research and knowledge exchange and its links to the levelling up agenda.
- Presentations, with questions and answers, from researchers, local government officials, and others on what arts and humanities research and researchers can offer and what’s needed in the future.
- Presentations, with questions and answers, from AHRC staff on the new funding opportunities we are launching.
- The opportunity to ask questions and discuss the above.
- A networking session to build connections with others working in this area from a variety sectors (e.g. research, policy, third sector).
What The Glass-House be doing
Sophia will be one of the speakers and will talk about current contributions arts and humanities research and researchers are making to locales/ regions, what is needed in the future, and any key opportunities or barriers.