Do you live in a housing area or estate undergoing regeneration?
Would you like to know a bit more about urban design so that you can join the conversation with more confidence?
About the Session
Join our free interactive session to explore the basic principles and vocabulary of urban design and housing renewal. At this playful, hands-on workshop we will introduce you to:
- the basic principles and vocabulary of urban design, such as density and massing
- how the pieces of a neighbourhood are put together and the impact of street layouts, the distribution of public and private space and other key ingredients
- how options appraisals inform whether housing is refurbished or demolished and rebuilt,
- the role that infill can play in improving housing areas
- different housing typologies, and how they respond to our climate emergency
The workshop is open to London residents living in housing areas involved in large-scale regeneration. This is a free workshop, but places are limited and available on a first come, first serve basis.
Use this link to book your place: Homes & Neighbourhoods by Design
This workshop is being offered by national charity The Glass-House Community Led Design in collaboration with urban design co-op URBED.
Lunch will be provided as part of the workshop.